Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the terms and conditions of use listed below. We believe they’re reasonable and hope you will too.
These terms and conditions govern Berkeley Tutors Network’s agreement with you in relation to this website. If you do not agree with any part of these terms and conditions, you are prohibited from using or accessing this website.
In the terms and conditions specified below, the term ‘Berkeley Tutors Network’ or ‘BTN’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of this website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
These are the terms and conditions for the use of this website:
1. Introduction. All of the content of the pages on this web site is protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law. This content is for your own personal, non-commercial use only. It is subject to change without notice.
2. Changes in these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions of use are subject to change from time to time, so you should check them regularly. Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of the updated terms. If you do not agree to the modifications, you should stop using the website.
3. Limitations on use. Website materials owned by BTN include, but are not limited to, the site’s design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. All instructional content – including but not limited to text, documents, graphics, and videos — on this website, including the SAT and ACT preparation programs, belongs to BTN. You agree to refrain from:
A. Selling or renting to anyone any material from the BTN website.
B. Reproducing, duplicating, creating derivative material, or otherwise using material on the BTN website for any purpose beyond your own personal learning.
C. Redistributing any content from our website – for example, posting this material in any form to another website.
5. Quality of Content. Neither we nor anyone else provides any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website. We will sometimes provide links to information and materials originating from other sources than our website; BTN does not endorse these contents or vouch in any way for their truthfulness or any other qualities. You accept that such information and materials, as well as those that we, Berkeley Tutors Network, post to this website, may contain inaccuracies or errors, and we explicitly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors.
6. Usefulness of BTN Recommendations. Your use of any information or materials or recommendations on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be held liable. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements, and to use them with appropriate caution. We specifically make no claim regarding the effectiveness of the test preparation we offer. We do not guarantee to raise any student’s score on the SAT, ACT, or any other test. We do not guarantee to raise any student’s grade in a course he or she is taking in school.
7. Trademarks. ‘ACT®’ and “SAT®’ are both registered trademarks, and no use or mention on this website of either of these three-letter trademarks shall be taken to imply that ACT Inc. or the College Board endorses in any way any statement or representation on this website. BTN has no official relationship with either of these two companies.
8. Unauthorized Use. Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or may be a criminal offence.
9. User Contributions.The Site is open to the public, and welcomes public input.
A. You agree to consider your comments and other contributions carefully and not to include anything that you would like to keep private. When you make available any information to BTN, you grant BTN the unlimited right to distribute, display, publish, reproduce, reuse and copy that information. You also grant BTN the right to modify, adapt, edit, or decline to post any content you submit.
B. You agree to take full responsibility for the content you send us. You may not impersonate any other person through the Site. You may not post content that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, fraudulent, invasive of another person’s privacy rights, or otherwise unlawful. You may not post content that encroaches upon the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity. You may not post any content that contains any computer viruses or any other code designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any computer software or hardware.
C. By submitting or posting content on the Site, you grant BTN the right to remove any content that, in the judgement of BTN administration, does not comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable.
D. You will not use our website to send unsolicited commercial communications. You must not use the content on our website for any marketing related purpose without our express written consent.
10. Restricted Access. We may restrict access to parts (or all) of our website and reserve full rights to do so. If, at any point, we provide you with a username and password in order to access restricted areas of our website, you agree to keep both your username and password confidential.